In previous versions on EVE-NG, you could use Linux templates to run InfoBlox VMs. But that workaround was no longer a working solution after a few updates.
In the new version on EVE-NG, more templates have been added and InfoBlox is one of them. With the new templates the image boots pretty quickly and you can get an InfoBlox image up and running in no time.
The below procedure has been tested on EVE-NG running version v2.0.3-95 which was released on 02 January 2019.
- Place the Infoblox DDI KVM image in the below path in EVE-NG.
- Fix permissions
/opt/unetlab/wrappers/unl_wrapper -a fixpermissions
- Open a new lab, add node, navigate to InfoBlox IPAM template, add the image infoblox-NIOS-8.2.4 in EVE-NG and assign resources:
1 vCPU, 2048 Memory and 2 interfaces
- Start the node. Default username/password is admin/infoblox.
- In a standalone deployment, LAN1 interface (e1) will be used for management as well as for answering DNS queries. Run the following commands on the console and provide the necessary input as per your topology.
First select license 2, complete the prompt, then run the command again and select 8, complete the prompt.
- SSH and HTTPS to the console using the default username/password and the IP address configured earlier.
- You can start configuring your grid master (standalone) with appropriate hostname and DNS records.